2nd Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Constituent AssemblyDebate 2022
DATE : 3rd and 4th December 2022
About the Competition
2nd Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Constituent Assembly Debate 2022 seeks to instill the spirit of constitutionalism as a guiding principle for the future generations of the legal fraternity. This competition will hone the skills of the future generation of lawyers and lawmakers who will shape the legal landscape of the country.
The competition will enhance the knowledge and appreciation of constitutional principles, understanding of the framework of the constitution, and acquaint the law students with the intentions of the constitutional makers and the jurisprudential principles behind the constitutional provisions. This academic endeavor is an attempt to revisit, rethink and rebuild the Constitution of India based on the experience of the past 60 years of Indian democracy.
Format of the Competition
- Each team will comprise of 2 members
- Every session of the debate will comprise of 6 teams and 1 chairman
- Every team will be representing one of the six representations of this Constituent Assembly
- The top 24, 12, and 6 teams with the highest score after the declaration of results of preceding rounds shall proceed to the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals, respectively.
- The match-up of the 6 teams in each Round shall be determined based on the electronically generated draw of lots.
- In case of a tie-in score calculated, the team with the higher Creative Argument’ score shall proceed to the next round.
- All the teams shall observe strict adherence to the code of conduct.
The following steps must be adhered to by the registering participants to successfully register themselves for the Competition.
- The registration form is provided on our official website: www.ledx.law
- The registration shall be considered complete only when the ‘Registration Fee’ has been paid successfully and the registration form is duly filled with all the credentials.
- The participants will receive an official approval mail from the organizing committee within 48 hours of their registration.
- The registration fee for the competition is Rs 400 per team